The safety and well-being of our patients, visitors and staff is our number one priority. Please be aware of the following newly revised guidelines before visiting Morton Hospital:
ONLY 1 VISITOR AT A TIME FOR COVID (-) INPATIENTS AND ER PATIENTS.
All potential visitors must:
- Screen negative (-) for COVID symptoms or risk factors (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, myalgia, or new onset of loss of taste or smell). Individuals with any symptoms will not be permitted to visit.
- Be 18 years of age or older (unless the visitor is a child of a patient)
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Hand sanitize upon entering and leaving the facility and any patient room.
- Maintain social distancing while in the facility.
- Remain in the patient's room during the visit.
COVID (+) PATIENTS: NO VISITORS ALLOWED
- End-of-life patients
- Pediatric patients
- Laboring or post-partum patients
- Other special circumstances not defined above must be reviewed on a case-by-case basis with Infection Control.
For the purpose of this guidance, parents of patients who are under the age of 18 years old, attorneys of patients and companions for patients with intellectual and/or physical disabilities are not considered visitors but must be screened.
In compassionate care situations, including but not limited to end-of-life situations, decisions about visitation will be made collaboratively with the patient and loved ones, as appropriate, on a case-by-case basis.
Morton Hospital will continue to support alternative electronic methods for communication between patients and all other visitors, including Skype, FaceTime and Google Duo visits.
Everyone on Steward properties must have a mask on, including patients and visitors.
This new measure has been put in place for your protection, as well as the protection of patients and hospital staff.
We ask for your understanding and appreciate your cooperation in our commitment to keeping our community safe.
- Outpatients are asked not to bring others with them to appointments, but ONE adult may accompany the individual if needed.
- No visitors inside the surgery center for same-day procedures (unless the parent of a child/minor having a procedure). A member of our surgical team will meet the patient and the patient's family member or driver at the front entrance of the hospital for drop-off before the procedure and pick-up once the patient is ready to be discharged home. One visitor at a time will be permitted per above guidelines if the patient is admitted to the hospital after surgery.
While we are sensitive to the difficulties facing loved ones of hospitalized patients, our health care team must keep our patients and staff safe during this unprecedented health emergency.
Non-essential personnel, such as sales vendors, who do not provide direct care will be restricted from entering the facility.
HOSPITAL ENTRANCE RESTRICTIONS
Entrances to the hospital will be restricted to the following entrances only (all other entrances will be locked and available for egress from the facility only or be accessed by badge access for certain personnel):
Monday – Friday
Main Lobby 9 am - 5 pm
Emergency Entrance 5 pm – 9 am
Saturday and Sunday
Entry Through Emergency Entrance Only
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping to keep our communities safe.
COVID-19 SCREENING CLINIC HOURS OF OPERATION
Our outpatient clinic is open during the below hours and accessible via the Main Lobby entrance of the hospital. A provider order is required for testing.
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed