Hospital Reopening Announcements
Our clinics are open, elective procedures are ready to be scheduled, and our emergency rooms continue to be a safe place to treat ALL emergencies. From serious conditions to aches and pains, your health care needs didn’t stop. We know this. And now it’s time to get you and your family the advanced medical care you need.
Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous five-point standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- A return of elective and outpatient services will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away and/or at designated times, from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to care for you in a safe, controlled and professional way.
We’re here, and we’re ready to provide the care you need.
The safety and well-being of our patients, visitors and staff is our number one priority. Please be aware of the following newly revised guidelines before visiting Morton Hospital:
ONLY 1 VISITOR AT A TIME FOR INPATIENTS AND ER PATIENTS.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, myalgia, or new onset of loss of taste or smell). Individuals with any symptoms will not be permitted to visit.
- No visitors under the age of 18 years old, unless the visitor is a child of a patient
- Visitation may be prohibited on a case-by-case basis if a patient test positive or shows symptoms of COVID-19, or if visitation poses a significant infection control risk to the patients, visitor or staff.
- In compassionate care situations, including but not limited to end-of-life situations, decisions about visitation will be made collaboratively with the patient and loved ones, as appropriate, on a case-by-case basis.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask at all times while at the hospital.
- Visitors must perform hand hygiene before and after visiting a patient and upon entering and leaving the facility.
- Visitors must remain in the patient's room during the visit.
Morton Hospital will continue to support alternative electronic methods for communication between patients and all other visitors, including Skype, FaceTime and Google Duo visits.
Everyone on Steward properties must have a mask on, including patients and visitors. This new measure has been put in place for your protection, as well as the protection of patients and hospital staff. We ask for your understanding and appreciate your cooperation in our commitment to keeping our community safe.
- Outpatients are asked not to bring others with them to appointments, but ONE adult may accompany the individual if needed.
- No visitors inside the surgery center for same-day procedures (unless the parent of a child/minor having a procedure). A member of our surgical team will meet the patient and the patient's family member or driver at the front entrance of the hospital for drop-off before the procedure and pick-up once the patient is ready to be discharged home. One visitor at a time will be permitted per above guidelines if the patient is admitted to the hospital after surgery.
While we are sensitive to the difficulties facing loved ones of hospitalized patients, our health care team must keep our patients and staff safe during this unprecedented health emergency.
Non-essential personnel, such as sales vendors, who do not provide direct care will be restricted from entering the facility.
HOSPITAL ENTRANCE RESTRICTIONS
Our Emergency Department entrance remains open 24/7 for emergency visits.
Our Main Lobby doors will be open for patients presenting for outpatient services or COVID-19 screening, as well as for visitors for inpatients, during the following hours:
Monday – Friday
7 am - 7 pm
Saturday and Sunday
7 am - 5 pm
During all other hours, outpatients and visitors should enter through the Emergency Department doors.
(Note: lobby door hours may change on holidays, etc.)
COVID-19 SCREENING CLINIC HOURS OF OPERATION
Our outpatient clinic is open during the below hours and accessible via the Main Lobby entrance of the hospital. A provider order is required for testing.
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 4:30 pm
(Note: testing is also available Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 9 am for pre-surgical/pre-procedure patients ONLY.)
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Veteran's Day (Wednesday, November 11th): Our clinic will be closed.
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 26th): Our clinic will be closed.
- Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 27th): Our clinic will be closed for general testing, but open 7:30 am - 11 am for pre-surgical/pre-procedure testing ONLY.