88 Washington Street
Taunton, MA 02780
Your health and safety are our top priority.
We’re suiting up and scrubbing down even more.
We’ve upped our cleaning and disinfecting protocols - especially for high-touch areas. We also make sure we’re adequately stocked with masks, shields, gloves and towns to help keep you and our staff healthy.
Checking, then double-checking.
For an added layer of protection, we have hospital personnel screening patients for COVID-10 exposure and symptoms before they enter our facility.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VISITING RESTRICTIONS
Morton Hospital is fully prepared to care for our patients and community. We remain ready to serve all of your health care needs and have taken the necessary steps to ensure patients can receive care in a safe environment.
Our stringent safety measures include: mandatory wearing of masks, social distancing in waiting areas, and vigilant cleaning in all areas, which includes the use of EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectants validated for use against COVID-19. We also pre-screen all patients registered for procedures, and screen everyone before they enter the hospital.
VISITOR RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE JUNE 15, 2021 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
We are currently welcoming visitors for patients in our Emergency Department and on our inpatient units. Only 1 visitor at a time will be permitted to visit Emergency Department patients.
All visitors and outpatients must:
- Self-screen for COVID-19 infection or recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 and refer to signage at the hospital entrances for additional guidance. Visitors experiencing any symptoms or who were recently exposed will not be allowed to visit at this time. Visitors and outpatients are asked to check in with staff at the information desk in the main lobby for appropriate guidance.
- Wear a mask at all times. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one to you. Scarves, bandanas and handkerchiefs are not allowed. Refusal to wear a mask will result in the revocation of visitation privileges.
- Perform hand hygiene upon entering the hospital and before visiting the patient.
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others.
- Visitors must check in at the nurse's station and sign a visitor log prior to entering the patient's room.
- Visitors must remain in the patient's room at all times.
In some cases, visitors or those accompanying an outpatient to an appointment may be asked to wait outside or in their vehicles to allow enough space for social distancing in waiting rooms.
Patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or have a suspected case will not be allowed in-person visitors.
• Surgical & Pain Clinic Patients: 1 visitor/family member/support person may accompany the patient to Day Surgery and Pain Clinic appointments. Socially-distanced seating is available in our Day Surgery Center waiting area.
• Emergency Department Patients: Only 1 visitor at a time is permitted.
COVID-19 TESTING CLINIC
Effective Monday, May 24, our Outpatient COVID-19 Testing Clinic will no longer be open to the public for general testing. Please find a list of alternative testing sites in the area below.
(Note: we will continue to test only patients requiring a test for surgeries or outpatient procedures/tests at Morton.)
HOSPITAL ENTRANCE RESTRICTIONS
Our Emergency Department entrance remains open 24/7 for emergency visits.
Our Main Lobby doors will be open for patients presenting for outpatient services or COVID-19 screening, as well as for visitors for inpatients, during the following hours:
Monday – Friday
7 am - 7 pm
Saturday and Sunday
7 am - 5 pm
During all other hours, outpatients and visitors should enter through the Emergency Department doors.
(Note: lobby door hours may change on holidays, etc.)