What Should I Know About Morton Hospital?
- Senior Leadership Team
- Awards & Recognition
- Community Health & Outreach
- Newsroom & Media
- Careers / For Professionals
- Satellite Locations
Morton Hospital in Taunton is a 144-bed acute care community hospital serving patients and families in southeastern Massachusetts. In addition to a compassionate and skilled team of physicians & nurses who treat patients like family, we provide comprehensive health care services including emergency care, wound care, state-of-the-art imaging services, and a variety of surgical services including vascular surgery, breast surgery, general surgery, orthopedic surgery and podiatric surgery. Please click here to view a full list of our specialties.
We continue to invest in patient care services and programs. In addition to facility renovations and investments in innovative technology and patient care equipment, Morton Hospital recently opened a new, state-of-the-art $25 million Emergency Department.
Morton Hospital maintains partnerships with Mass General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Level 1 trauma centers and leading academic medical centers for emergency care. In addition, oncology patients have access to Dana Farber cancer services through the hospital’s affiliation with the Dana Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center. We also offer urgent care services through our partnership with Health Express – located in Raynham, MA.
Morton Recent Awards & Designations
- Grade "A" Hospital Safety Grade from The Leapfrog Group (Fall 2021, Spring 2021, Fall 2020)
- Voted "Best Hospital" in the 2021 Best of the Best Community Choice Awards for the Metro South Region
- Voted "Best Audiologist" & "Best Hearing Aid Center" (2021 Best of the Best Community Choice Awards)
- Voted "Best Physical Therapy" (2021 Best of the Best Community Choice Awards)|
- Voted "Best Weight Loss Center" (2021 Best of the Best Community Choice Awards)
- Center for Weight Control accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program®
- Sleep Center Accreditation by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine