Our services include:
Low-Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening
Morton Hospital now offers Low-Dose Computed Tomography (LDCT) lung cancer screenings. This potentially life-saving process screens patients at high-risk for lung cancer prior to becoming symptomatic.
Talk to your doctor about whether lung cancer screening is right for you. Your provider can help determine if you meet the screening criteria. Eligible screening candidates include individuals who:
- Are between the ages of 55-80
- Have a history of at least 30 pack years of smoking (calculated by the number of packs smoked per day and the number of years smoked)
- Are a current smoker or former smoker who has quit within the past 15 years
- Have not had a chest CT within the past 12 months
- Do not have symptoms of lung cancer
All testing is conveniently performed right at Morton Hospital using our state-of-the-art, 64-slice CT scanning machine.
Appointment Scheduling: 508-828-7690 (Physician Referral Required)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
The latest in MRI technology is available at Morton Hospital. Many patients experience anxiety before and during their MRI exam – but our new MRI machine was designed for optimal patient comfort and imaging quality. Some of the many benefits our MRI offers include:
- A 70 cm flared, open bore design (also known as an "open MRI")
- Minimized noise
- A table surface with different cusion densities designed to alleviate pressure points for a more relaxing and comfortable exam
- Feet-first imaging capabilities
- The ability to accommodate a wide range of patient sizes and shapes, comfortably
- Sharper, clearer images
MRI Hours of Operation:
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
To schedule your MRI at Morton Hospital, call 508-828-7690.
Morton Hospital's Women's Imaging Center is located in a comfortable, private setting with a dedicated staff devoted to patient comfort and quality service. You can also have a screening mammogram done at our Morton Health Services satellite location, located at 511 West Grove St., Suite 208 in Middleboro. Walk-ins are welcome at this location, or you can make an appointment by calling 508-828-7690.
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 7:15 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: 7:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:15-11:45 a.m.
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday though Friday: 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Head and neck
- Interventional biopsies
- Brain SPECT
- Myocardial perfusion imaging
- Whole body imaging
- Sentinel node imaging
- Renal retroperitoneum
- Small anatomical studies
- Interventional and therapeutic biopsies