Information for Patients
The outpatient rehabilitation services department is conveniently located in the lower level at Northwoods Medical Center, 2005-2007 Bay St. in Taunton (BJ’s Shopping Plaza).
General Appointment Information
To make an appointment for physical therapy or occupational therapy, please contact the main clinic number. You will need the name of the referring physician and your insurance information to book your appointment.
The clinic does accept most insurances. You may also have a co-pay for your care, which is due at each outpatient visit. Please check your insurance for details. If you have questions or concerns regarding your insurance coverage, please contact the member services representative of your insurance (the number is on the back of your insurance card) or the insurance coordinator at the outpatient clinic, and we will be glad to assist you.
What should I bring to my first physical therapy session?
- Prescription from your physician. A physician’s order or prescription is required at the time of your evaluation to begin care.
- Current copy of your insurance card.
- If you are coming for a work-related injury, please bring your workers compensation information including contact information.
- If your injury is related to a motor vehicle accident, please bring the name of the insurance company to be billed.
- If your insurance requires you to obtain a referral from your primary care physician, it is your responsibility to obtain this information in advance of your first visit.
- Please dress in suitable attire so the therapist may evaluate your injury. For example, if you have a knee injury, shorts or loose fitting pants that can be rolled up to expose the knee will be helpful. Please no open toe shoes, sandals or heels.
What should I expect at my first physical therapy session?
- Please arrive a few minutes prior to your evaluation to fill out medical health information that will help the therapist further understand your injury and your current health status. These medical history forms are available online to be filled out prior to your evaluation.
- Your therapist will evaluate your injury, discuss the findings of the examination and work with you to establish a plan of care based on those findings. This plan of care will outline the treatment you will receive for your injury, as well as how often and for how long therapy may be needed.
- You may receive an initial home exercise program and helpful hints to manage your symptoms.
- Plan on your initial evaluation lasting approximately one hour and each subsequent follow-up session lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour, depending on your outlined program.
How do I cancel/reschedule a physical therapy appointment at Morton Hospital?
It is important that you make your scheduled appointments to help you achieve the best possible outcome. If you must cancel or reschedule your appointment, please try to do so at your earliest convenience so we may attempt to offer your time to another patient. To cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact the front office at 508-828-7265.