Morton Hospital to Resume Outpatient Services and Elective Procedures
Morton Hospital, a Steward Family Hospital, today announced it will resume offering elective health care procedures previously delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. This includes elective surgeries in the hospital’s Day Surgery Center, as well as onsite outpatient testing services such as cardiac testing, imaging and laboratory services.
As part of its “Safe & Ready” program, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive high-quality, compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – without fear of infection.
Steward Health Care’s early and robust preparation for the pandemic on a national scale allows it to proceed with an expansion of services to meet the needs of its patients and communities. Steward has collaborated with its world class physicians and developed protocols based on the latest clinical evidence to ensure the safety of patients and providers alike.
“From serious conditions to aches and pains, we know the health care needs of our patients and their families haven’t stopped,” said Heidi Taylor, President of Morton Hospital. “That’s why our clinics and emergency rooms are open, and we are scheduling elective procedures. Coronavirus has presented us with new challenges, but Morton Hospital stands ready to meet all the health care needs of the greater Taunton community – in a safe, secure setting.”
Morton Hospital is adhering to a rigorous five-point standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- A return of elective and outpatient services will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care will take place in designated areas and/or at designated times, away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments will be reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy will be implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy will be required.
Patients interested in more information should visit mortonhospital.org or contact their physician’s office to inquire about scheduling a procedure.